Above: Monday's dinner: Bed of cucumber & chopped cilantro. Roasted cauliflower rice. Carne asada & onions.
I either cook my cauliflower rice in a skillet or in the oven. Preparation and seasoning remain the same regardless of the cooking method.
- 1 medium to large head of cauliflower
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive oil (coconut oil & butter would work also
- crushed garlic or powdered garlic
- A cheese grater, mandolin or food processor
- Grate cauliflower using a cheese grater or mandolin. use a setting you would use to grate cheddar cheese for a burrito (mmm burrito)
- Season with salt, pepper and garlic
- Add olive oil. I use 1/8c for a medium head of cauliflower.
- If you are roasting, preheat the oven to 375. Spread your cauliflower onto a cookie sheet and roast until golden brown (approx 20 min). Stir a couple of times during the cooking process and fluff your rice up!
- For skillet cooking, add the olive oil to a large skillet and pour in the cauliflower, add the seasoning mentioned above. Stir/fluff the cauli rice until golden brown.